Thursday, November 03, 2005

Repost==Jerry Jeff Walker

JerryJeffWalker

"Jerry Jeff has bounced in and out of my life like the Mad Hatter on the way to the tea party."

--Jimmy Buffett

"Mesmerizing on stage, with just him and his guitar."

--Guy Clark

"In the years that I've known Jerry Jeff, every single time I've been to his house he's had a guitar in his hand…What I learned from him is the love of music and the craft."

--Pat Green

"I used to follow Jerry Jeff around like a Deadhead…When I first saw Jerry Jeff, I thought, 'That's me. Just a total gypsy'."

--Todd Snider

"In high school, I started seeing Willie and Jerry Jeff…That kind of stuff changed my life you know. It was so exciting and so good that I figured I wanted to do something like that."

--Jack Ingram



There's a photo on the back of a long-out-of-print Jerry Jeff Walker album that kind of sums it all up. In the picture, Jerry Jeff is outside an old roadhouse on a lonesome highway. It's night, and his collar is turned up against the chill breeze as he hunches over to light a cigarette. His guitar is slung around his back. It's hard to tell if he's entering or leaving the roadhouse, but either way you figure he's got many miles to go before he sleeps.
from Jerry Jeff Walker's official website-- Click here


Standin' At The Big Hotel (Butch Hancock)
from the album--

1976 It's A Good Night For Singin' (Out of print)--LP, MCA - MCA2022

Jerry Jeff Walker--Standing at the Big Hotel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed. Listed on BlogShares